[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-stomp connection stats?

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 23:22:52 BST 2009

Sonicsnes,

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 8:48 PM, sonicsnes <nabble at sonicsnes.net> wrote:

> I'm relatively new to rabbitmq, but I've recently managed to set up an
> instance of rabbitmq. We're planning on having a couple thousand clients
> connected to the rabbitmq-stomp adapter, but need to have a way to count the
> number (and ip addresses of) the current connections. Running "rabbitmqctl
> list_connections" doesn't seem to pick up on anyone connecting through
> stomp. Any suggestions?

rabbitmqctl addresses the core Rabbit API, of which the AMQP TCP
listeners are a part. The STOMP adapter OTOH sets up its own TCP
listener hierarchy on the STOMP port and delegates decoded STOMP
commands to the corresponding AMQP *channels* within the same VM as
the AMQP broker. The core Rabbit broker has no awareness of any
applications running in the same process space as itself and hence
cannot report on these processes (without any notion of a listener
plugin mechanism). If you really need this management information I
suggest that you either use AMQP instead of STOMP as a wire protocol
or port the TCP supervision functionality to the STOMP adapter.

Ben