[rabbitmq-discuss] Issues with rabbitmq and manual configured hostname

majek04 majek04 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:49:34 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 13:06, Martin Wilhelm <mwilhelm at vz.net> wrote:
> Hi Rabbits,
>
> I had tried rabbitmq-1.7.0 with the following
> config:
>
> [root at lnxv-3339:~]$ cat /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf
> NODENAME=wico at localhost
> RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE=/data/netapp/config/tmp/rabbitmq-DB/mnesia

Hi!

First, I think you should use RABBITMQ_NODENAME instead of NODENAME.
This shouldn't make much difference, but it's preferred.

Second, we set the nodename using erlang "-sname" short name option.
This mean that you shouldn't use "@" notation. In your case specifying
"RABBITMQ_NODENAME=wico" might work. Here are some details:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/reference_manual/distributed.html#11.2

Hope that helps.

Marek Majkowski