[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ throughput

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 02:44:53 BST 2009

>> How fast is "fast enough"? You have *50* consumers draining from a single
>> queue. No matter how fast rabbit is, if you add enough consumers
>> eventually
>> rabbit won't be able to keep them all busy.
>>
>> My expectation is that rabbit should push a new item to my consumer once
> that consumer has ACKed a message in less than 100ms

Out of curiosity, are you using basic_get, or basic_consume?  I've
found that basic_get has performance like that, whereas basic_consume
is at least 10x faster.  I'm also using persistent messages with
explicit ack (in transactional mode), and using Barry's python library
I get in the 1k - 10k messages/second range on hardware that isn't any
better than yours.