[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq clustering

Suhail Doshi suhail at mixpanel.com
Thu Oct 1 21:49:46 BST 2009

One that was unclear to me in the clustering documentation is how you setup
consumers to work with clusters or if there even is any setup?
Does the consumer need to be aware of all the nodes in a cluster?
If not does the consumer just need to be hooked up to the node that the
other nodes are clustered around and things are automatically load balanced?

My consumers are connected to a single node right now, so is my producer. If
add nodes and cluster them around this node will rabbitmq handle all the
load balancing?

This seems a bit to magical to me and seems like both producers and
consumers would need to be aware of the nodes.

I am using the AMQP python lib

Suhail