[rabbitmq-discuss] Amazon EC2 image with Stomp support available?

majek04 majek04 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:39:37 GMT 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 19:25, Michael Justin <michael.justin at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there a EC2 RabbitMQ image available which has Stomp enabled? This
> would offer a great way to develop and demonstrate client libraries.
>
> Many thanks in advance,

Justin,

Currently there's only a EC2 image with basic RabbitMQ. If you need
stomp, you can just install stomp plugin.

So you can run rabbit ec2 instance. I prepared stomp binaries,
you can get them from:
http://dev.lshift.net/majek/rabbitmq-stomp_1.7.0.tar.gz

Though, beware, I haven't tested them carefully.

To install it:
0. download the tarball onto the instance.
1. extract .ez files into
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-1.7.0/plugins

2. run
rabbitmq-activate-plugins
you can ignore *WARNING* lines

3. restart rabbit