[rabbitmq-discuss] intermittent disconnects under load

Gojko Adzic gojko-yahoolist at gojko.com
Fri Nov 27 01:00:13 GMT 2009

Hi,

we had a round of stress testing and got intermittent connection errors.
I don't know exactly what causes it but the Java client throws this
exception from a background thread and packets don't go completely to
the client. We ran it on a cluster of two nodes, using Java clients.

Exception in thread "Thread-22"
com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: connection error; reason:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.shutdown(AMQConnection.java:588)
at
com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:454)
at
com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:438)

Line above 438 of AMQConnection says "//FIXME: catch
NullPointerException and throw more informative one?" so I guess this is
a well known problem - any hints on what is causing it and how to work
around it until a fix is in place?

gojko