[rabbitmq-discuss] bug21444 branch experience

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Thu Nov 26 16:32:09 GMT 2009

Hi Anton,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 07:26:51PM +0300, mabrek wrote:
> We need to handle large queues (50Gb) and thus I started experimenting
> with bug21444 branch (revision 7a219f11bb3e) that seems to have this
> feature.

Yup, though that is quite old now.

> First trouble was concerned with leaking disk space. Queue files were
> remaining open after deletion.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this or how the attached patch
helps. Can you describe what you were seeing in more detail?

> From repository changelog I can conclude that there is active
> development in branch bug21673 and it have changes concerned with disk
> queue. Is it worth trying?

Yup. This is the active development. It's currently going through QA.
Please feel free to try it and let us know how you get on with it.

Best wishes,

Matthew