[rabbitmq-discuss] What are the System Requirements?

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 18:19:22 GMT 2009

Chris

You should be ok with one COTS server in most cases.  Throughput is
good enough for that, in both transient and persistent scenarios.

For example, many of our customers use 2Gb of RAM and at least the
same amount of disk.  But an 8Gb server and say 10Gb of disk is also
common.  Note that the RAM and disk consumption are almost the same
here.  This is because you don't really want your O/S to be using
memory/disk swap.  With the future 'page to disk' feature, RabbitMQ
will manage its own swap so that much larger data sets on disk can and
will make sense.

The install itself is quite small.

If you want HA then you will want at least two servers and shared
storage eg RAID.

Does this answer your question?

alexis