[rabbitmq-discuss] Processing error in stomp plugin

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:01:45 GMT 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at lshift.net> wrote:
> Matthew Sackman wrote:
>> I suspect you've run out of memory
>
> That is indeed the probable cause. However, ...

RabbitMQ has stopped responding again and here is the memory usage from top:

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  SWAP COMMAND
21098 root      20   0  160m 2140 S    1  2.9  29:45.33  44m beam.smp

Is 160MB too much memory usage? Also all queues are showing zero
entries in messages consumers messages_ready messages_unacknowledged
and messages_uncommitted

>> and so the channel flow feature has been activated to stop you
>> publishing anything further
>
> the stomp plug-in does not implement channel.flow - it will either die
> (as it did in the above case) or ignore it, depending on circumstances.
> Fixing that is on our todo list, though it's a long way down, since the
> stomp plug-in is experimental.

:((

raj