[rabbitmq-discuss] how to consume one message at a time

JD Conley jdc at hive7.com
Tue Nov 17 03:42:59 GMT 2009

Thanks Scott. But I do want to subscribe/consume (I think), as it is unknown whether there will be any data in the queue, and I want to be notified immediately when there is. I don't really want to poll rabbit using a basic.get and would rather be notified asynchronously when new items are in the queue. I have hundreds (thousands soon) of queues waiting for data across a cluster and the polling overhead would be higher than I want it to be.

-JD