[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker Query Language (BQL) crashing

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Sun Nov 15 11:22:30 GMT 2009

Hi Lynton,

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 12:44:10PM +0200, Lynton Grice wrote:
> I then activated the plugins....and have RabbitMQ started now in the command
> prompt (not a windows service), and the moment I try do a simple select
> statement I get a dump...
>
> Any idea what this could be? Some version issue or something?

*Sigh*. Yes, it's a version issue. You need to be using a version of BQL
that matches the server v1.7.0 because they share source. Sadly, and
this is not your fault at all, there are no tagged versions for the BQL
so you have very little guidance as to which version to use. The only
thing I can suggest is to work by date:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql/ shows that there have been commits
very recently which will be based on code going into 1.7.1 which is why
it won't work with 1.7.0. According to
http://www.rabbitmq.com/news.html#2009-10-07T00:00:00Z 1.7.0 was
released 7th October. Revision ff24a539e6a1 of the bql looks most
appropriate then as it's both on default branch and happened just before
the release. I would expect that to work.

Other than that, if you're using the experimental downloads then really
the only thing that we would expect to work is the head of the default
branch of the experimental downloads with the head of the default branch
of the server.

Matthew