[rabbitmq-discuss] Error during "make" of RabbitMQ Erlang client - File operation error

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Tue Nov 10 18:31:17 GMT 2009

Hi Lynton,

Lynton Grice wrote:
> File operation error: eio. Target: deps:dist. Function: list_dir.
> Process: code_server.
> ERL_LIBS=deps:dist erlc -I include -o ebin -Wall -v +debug_info
> src/amqp_rpc_server.erl

Interesting. My guess (not having looked at code, or tried it, or
anything!) is that it's trying to read "deps:dist" from the ERL_LIBS env
var as if it were a pathname -- and on windows, that'll look for a DEPS:
drive, or something, won't it?

Our build scripts and makefiles no doubt will need tweaking for cygwin.
There's a cygpath utility I dimly remember for translating paths back
and forth -- perhaps the script could detect its platform and apply
either cygpath or a noop in strategic places?

Tony