[rabbitmq-discuss] compatibility with legacy code

Jim Irrer irrer at umich.edu
Tue Nov 10 14:50:53 GMT 2009

Tony -

I tried the http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-c/archive/default.tar.gz which
got me the file rabbitmq-c-default.tar.gz (md5sum:
b50fd568311a052a45157631ba17c2b5)
but it is also missing a file as shown by the last few lines from running
./configure below:

.
.
.
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking location of AMQP codegen directory... configure: error: could not
find AMQP spec file at "'/codegen/amqp-0.9.1.json'"

Am I supposed to get that file from somewhere else, or should it be in the
tarball?

Also, I have doubts that this will work anyway, because the RabbitMQ server
is running at version 0.8, so it won't be compatible with this client.  Does
that
sound correct?

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Irrer     irrer at umich.edu       (734) 647-4409
University of Michigan Hospital Radiation Oncology
519 W. William St.             Ann Arbor, MI 48103