[rabbitmq-discuss] list_connections failing

Tim Rosenblatt tim at cloudspace.com
Mon Nov 9 15:26:27 GMT 2009

I'm running RabbitMQ 1.5.4 on Ubuntu, and when I run `rabbitmqctl
list_connections`, I usually get the following output

root at servername:~# rabbitmqctl list_connections
Listing connections ...
Error: {badrpc,
           {'EXIT',
               {timeout,
                   {gen_server,call,
                       [<4391.27413.7>,
                        {info,[user,peer_address,peer_port]}]}}}}

Obviously it looks like a timeout, but it comes back after only ~5 seconds,
which seems very short for a timeout. Sometimes this does list the
connections -- there's only ever 10, which is the correct number -- but it
often fails. This was working fine until a few days ago, when for no obvious
reason, it started returning this. I am logged in as root when running this.

Any thoughts?

--
Tim Rosenblatt
Cloudspace