[rabbitmq-discuss] intermittent erl.exe crash

JD Conley jdc at hive7.com
Thu Nov 5 17:15:10 GMT 2009

> By default the Windows service setup of rabbitmq configures Erlang to
> place the erl_crash.dump file in the same place as the rabbit logs.

It's not there. I did some file system searching in %appdata% as well, with
no luck. So, I guess it didn't write one.

> If you can, try running the server directly rather than starting it as
> service.

I have the broker running interactively from a cmd prompt. I'll let you know
when it crashes. I hope it crashes. It would be annoying if it didn't. :)
The big difference with the interactive one is it is running with my user
account, where the service is running as local system. Hopefully that
doesn't make a difference (I copied the cookie).

> > The one thing I notice is Rabbitmq seems to get very upset and
> > disconnect the client when we try to unbind a non-existent binding.
>
> It doesn't really get upset about it, it just logs it as an error and
> closes the offending connection with an appropriate error message.

Is there any way to change this behavior through configuration? The log is
fine, but part of my use case is binding/unbinding occasionally and I would
prefer it if my clients didn't keep getting errors and having to reconnect.

> Is there anything in the sasl log?

No. It's using guest only.

Thanks,
JD