[rabbitmq-discuss] Where too now?

Tim Perrett tperrett at googlemail.com
Tue May 12 18:10:56 BST 2009

Hey guys,

This is my first post to this list - im afraid im a bit of a rabbitmq
n00bie! I've got everything setup and working and now looking to do
something good with it to understand how it all works for my use case.

Essentially I have some backend tools that expose services with SOAP -
for which my app will repeatedly get data from - probably every 10
seconds, maybe less i've not decided yet. Anyway... said app gets said
data from those services. What I would then like it to do is notify
any other consumers (which will be other applications) that have opted
to subscribe to information / updates about that job via AMQP.
Consumers will also be able to hand messages to the central service
and effectively say "deal with this job and notify me about any
changes".

Now then, excuse my complete ignorance, but its possible to build such
a workflow, right? Any pro's / con's in doing this? What would be the
optimal way to build such a system from a RabbitMQ POV?

Just looking for a bit of a sounding board right now so any
information / feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Tim