[rabbitmq-discuss] How do I inspect the queue

Reddy, Rajesh (GPT EMEA) Rajesh_Reddy at ml.com
Wed May 6 09:29:08 BST 2009

Hi Tony,

It could be a connection thing as it happened only in debug, but when I
checked the connections in server it was fine. So this is a strange
behaviour. Let me see if this happens in release mode.

Also, iam declaring a queue as follows,
Passive = false
Durable = false
Exclusive = true
Autodelete = true
Nowait = true

This would create a non durable and auto delete queue. I can inspect
using rabbitmqctl list_queues, but it only gives me durable and
autodelete and not the other items related to declare queue.
Also, what is exclusive used for.

So there is no way I can find out if my queue is deleted.

I my case the client creates queue just once and then waits on a
callback for any messages on that queue. So if a queue is deleted then
the client will be just sitting there waiting for a message without
knowing that the queue no longer exists.

Thanks
Rajesh