[rabbitmq-discuss] .net client exception

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue May 5 11:59:47 BST 2009

Isaac,

Isaac Cambron wrote:
> Unhandled Exception: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.AlreadyClosedException:
> The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by
> Library, code=0, text="End of stream", classId=0, methodId=0,
> cause=System.IO.EndOfStreamException:
> Heartbeat missing with heartbeat == 3 seconds
>    at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SessionBase.Transmit(Command cmd)
> [...]
> Searching around the net, I saw there are similar issues with certain
> versions of Mono, but this is Windows. I also can't find any
> differences between the two environments except operating system
> version. Is this a known issue? What does it really mean? Where
> should I start looking?

There was a problem with heartbeats in the .net client that people
reported ~1 year ago. But we fixed that in the 1.5.0 release. What
version of the client are you running?

You could try disabling heartbeating, by setting
ConnectionParameters.RequestedHeartbeat to zero (0) on your
ConnectionFactory before calling CreateConnection.

Could you write a little standalone program that exhibits the problem
and send it to us?

Also, getting a trace of the traffic with our capture tool -
http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#tracer - would be useful, though
it does require Java.

Regards,

Matthias.