[rabbitmq-discuss] Many clients using .NET API

Sam Owen sam.owen at gazprom-mt.com
Tue Jun 30 10:45:10 BST 2009

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I'm looking to find a simple way to scale
publishers and subscribers to topics. We're only looking at a few dozen
of these which would be less than 100 threads in the worst case - the
CLR should be able to cope with. What's nice about this approach is that
we could scale to more processes or boxes if required.

At the moment we're using non-durable topics only and the approach seems
to work fine. "Routing" has the following methods:

****
//IListener is a call back that receives the message, routing and
exchange the message was sent on
public static void Listen(Destination from, IListener alert) {...

//IFeed should not return until interrupted. It receives a blocking
queue to write messages to as needed
public static void Publish(Destination to, IFeed action) { ...

//The IEvent will be called according to the Quartz trigger. It is given
a blocking queue to write to.
public static void Schedule(Destination to, string jobName, Trigger
trigger, IEvent @event) { ...

//Listens to 'from', filters/transforms and publishes to 'to'.
public static void ListenTransformAndPublish(Destination from,
TransformingFeed feed, Destination to) { ...

//interrupts all threads
public static void Shutdown() { ...
****

Cheers,