[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP 0.9 CLI client

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:46:47 BST 2009

I'm cross-posting an off list question - and Peter's reply - back
here.  Suggestions welcome :-)

> Do you mean a C client, or a command line interface?

Yes, I meant a command line interface.

I have somehow "inherited" an application, and parts of it are written
in bash.

All I need is to make it consume job-IDs from a queue and provide result
codes to a queue, then I could a) reuse that old report generation
stack, and b) I would be able to control it in an asynchrounous way.

That would provide me with spare time to improve the overall design of
the application one modeule at a time.

Hence my question for a tiny little something like /usr/bin/amqp which
fits in a shell script.

-----