[rabbitmq-discuss] Max OS X failure on start up / Trivial

Panayiotis Papadopoulos panosjee at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:40:03 BST 2009

Hi everyone, I know it is trivial but I could not do anything so far, i
guess cos i am a noob in ErlangAnyway I have followed the port install way
to install both erlang and rabbitmq. Rabbit is install in the the lib folder
of Erland
and erlang loads rabbit

2> code:which(rabbit).
"/opt/local/lib/erlang/lib/rabbitmq_server-1.6.0/ebin/rabbit.beam"

Despite that when i start the rabbit by sudo rabbitmq-server i get the usual

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,kernel,{shutdown,{kernel,start,[normal,[]]}}})

the rabbit.log has this output

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:02 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:07 ===
Added vhost <<"/">>

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:07 ===
Created user <<"guest">>

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:07 ===
    application: rabbit
    exited:
{{bad_type,realm_exchange,{realm_resource,'_',<<"amq.fanout">>}},
             {rabbit,start,[normal,[]]}}
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:07 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Jun-2009::15:23:07 ===
    application: os_mon
    exited: stopped
    type: temporary

I have no clue, i am sorry :) But i hope to learn it some day