[rabbitmq-discuss] extra basic.consume_ok

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jun 17 04:47:49 BST 2009

Jack,

Jack Moffitt wrote:
> My code calls amqp_channel:subscribe almost exactly like lib_amqp
> does.  However, my pid always gets an extra basic.consume_ok message
> in its inbox.  Why is that?

The basic.consume_ok gets returned by amqp_channel:call, but also sent
to the consumer process. Same for basic.cancel_ok. That way a consumer
process is told when it gets (un)subscribed by some other process.
However, it also means that if the consumer process itself is doing the
(un)subscribing then it gets the same info twice, via different routes.

Matthias.