[rabbitmq-discuss] BrokerUnreachableException on .NET client

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jun 10 19:15:14 BST 2009

Aaron,

Aaron Feng wrote:
> Below is the ToString():
>
> None of the specified endpoints were reachable
> Endpoints attempted:
>  endpoint=amqp-0-8://10.12.0.190:5672 <http://10.12.0.190:5672/>,
> attempts=1, outcome=The AMQP operation w
> as interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Library, code=0,
> text="End of st
> ream", classId=0, methodId=0, cause=System.IO.
> EndOfStreamException: Unable to re
> ad beyond the end of the stream.
>   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
>   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte()
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.Frame.ReadFrom(NetworkBinaryReader reader)
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.SocketFrameHandler_0_9.ReadFrame()
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.MainLoopIteration()
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.MainLoop()
> Stack trace:
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(Int32
> maxRedirects, Amq
> pTcpEndpoint[] endpoints)
>   at
> RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpo
> ints)
>   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(String address)
>   at RabbitTest.Program.DoWork() in
> C:\Development\RabbitTest\RabbitTest\Progra
> m.cs:line 65
>
> I also looked in the rabbit.log, nothing interesting.

That looks like the server is dropping the connection, in which case
there really should be something in the server logs. How many "accepted
TCP connection", "starting TCP connection" and "closing TCP connection"
messages do you get for a typical test run? And are there really no
warnings or errors?

It is possible that the server is simply too busy draining messages from
your few hundred publish-as-fast-as-I-can channels.

Matthias.