[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang RabbitMQ Client hanshake problem on "State = Driver:handshake(InitialState), "

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Tue Jun 9 19:40:00 BST 2009

Lynton,

Lynton Grice wrote:
> From a Windows perspective I will download the files from
> http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client/
>
> But I will just download the very latest one on top and compile them?

Do *not* use the "latest" version. That's the point I've been trying
(and obviously failing) to make. If you are running a 1.5.5 server you
must use a revision tagged with a 1.5.x tag, or from the v1_5 branch.

If you have mercurial installed, just
  hg clone http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client
then cd into the rabbitmq-erlang-client directory and list the available
tags with
  hg tags
pick one that fits the bill, rabbitmq_v1_5_5 in this case, and run
  hg update rabbitmq_v1_5_5

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/mercurial.html for an explanation.

Or, alternatively, if you haven't got mercurial installed, look at the
tags visible in the hg web interface, pick a suitable one, and construct
a URL of the form

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client/archive/<tag>.{zip,tar.gz}
e.g.
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-erlang-client/archive/rabbitmq_v1_5_5.zip

> BTW: How do I tell what version of the client I am running?

Since the Erlang client does not have official releases, the only way to
tell what version you are running is by looking at the revision
information supplied by hg.

Regards,

Matthias.