[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang RabbitMQ Client hanshake problem on "State = Driver:handshake(InitialState), "

Lynton Grice lynton.grice at logosworld.com
Tue Jun 9 13:37:08 BST 2009

Hi Matthias,

I have been looking through the posts and cannot see anything specific that
says exactly how to solve this issue. Yes, you mention load path etc....so I
assume "erl -pa" etc.....but can I see an example of what needs to be done
"load path" wise for the client to work? I have been trying to get the
client to work to almost 2 days now....;-(

I have installed BOTH the server and client folders into the
%ERLANG_HOME%\erl5.7.1\lib folder....surely that should be fine?

I just keep getting this:

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::14:23:53 ===
accepted TCP connection on 0.0.0.0:5672 from 127.0.0.1:1319

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::14:23:53 ===
starting TCP connection <0.175.0> from 127.0.0.1:1319

=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::14:24:01 ===
error on TCP connection <0.175.0> from 127.0.0.1:1319
connection_closed_abruptly

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Jun-2009::14:24:01 ===
closing TCP connection <0.175.0> from 127.0.0.1:1319

Yes, I do agree I probably need to understand Erlang better with regard to
the "load path" etc....

But thanks for the help regardless, sorry for being a bit stupid with this
stuff ;-)

Lynton