[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client SimpleRpcServer question

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jun 8 21:12:21 BST 2009

Ryan,

Ryan Davis wrote:
> I have some C# code extending SimpleRpcServer and am getting an
> exception when trying to shut down.  In the documentation PDF, it said
> to call the Close() function on your RpcServer when you are ready to
> shutdown.  Since the MainLoop() function blocks, the Close() has to be
> called from another thread, right?

Looking at the code, I am pretty sure that Close() is meant to be called
from inside the HandleCall/Cast functions. Calling it from anywhere else
is probably unsafe, and the error you are getting looks
threading-related. It would be useful to get a stack trace with line
numbers to work out exactly where the NPE occurs.

Regards,

Matthias.