[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring options beyond rabbitmqctl

Thomas Hervé thomas.herve at canonical.com
Sun Jun 7 16:04:40 BST 2009

Le mardi 02 juin 2009 à 11:22 -0400, Gavin M. Roy a écrit :
> I'm getting ready to do some production testing of rabbitmq as a
> replacement of ActiveMQ.  Beyond rabbitmqctl, I have not been able to
> find any real data stubs for monitoring beyond how to write my own
> (http://leftrightfold.com/2009/04/26/how-to-build-rabbit-management-console/).
>  Before I go down the road of writing something I wanted to make sure
> there was no pre-existing software since the rabbitmq homepage says
> "Extensive facilities for management, monitoring, control and
> debugging."  I'm not trying to create a flame war, it's just
> rabbitmqctl is not really an enterprise level monitoring tool.
>
> I'm hoping I'm missing something, any suggestions?

Hi!

I'm writing a library called TwOTP (https://launchpad.net/twotp) which
allows to communicate with Erlang nodes using Python/Twisted (mentioned
in some posts). I've started using RabbitMQ, and I wrote some code to
show information you can easily extract.

Here you can see the summary page:

http://imagebin.org/51723

And here the virtual host page:

http://imagebin.org/51724

You can find the script in TwOTP source tree, and it will be in the next
release: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~therve/twotp/trunk/annotate/head%
3A/examples/rabbitmq-webui.py

I've written that in an hour to show what's possible to do, but I'd be
happy to focus more on it if you have some ideas.

--
Thomas