[rabbitmq-discuss] [Fwd: erlang-client woes]

Jack Moffitt jack at collecta.com
Thu Jun 4 16:54:23 BST 2009

> Invoking amqp_connection:start/2 implies that you are trying to use
> the direct client.

Yes.  I'm familiar with the code paths.  I would like to use the
direct client since it has less overhead.

> I suspect that you have not started Rabbit or Mnesia in this VM.

Why would I?  Rabbit is already running in its own node.  Why should I
need to launch a second to talk to the first?  Why do I need mnesia as
a client?

It seems to me the design of the direct client is predicated on being
run in the same node as a running rabbit.  I guess my error is that I
assumed that the direct driver was replacing TCP socket calls with
Erlang rpc:call and node to node message passing.

Why bother checking the password at all for example?  If you have
access to the node, you have COMPLETE access, so it seems the API
should just ignore or not require the password in the first place.  Is
this all the mnesia bit is used for?

Any ideas why the network driver just hangs for non-guest users?

jack.