[rabbitmq-discuss] Roadmap Questions

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:20:11 BST 2009

Is there a doc somewhere (even in the source code) that talks about the
features of the new persister? I'd love to use RabbitMQ, and if the
persistence is at least no worse than ActiveMQ, then I'll have a better
chance of persuading folks. ;)
For instance, here's what I'd like to see:

 * Can store a LOT of messages on disk (more than fits in memory).

 * When one of the nodes in a cluster goes down, the queues on that cluster
begin working on another node. In other words, a fatal crash of a node
(server goes up in flames, disk melts) does not result in message loss.
(Replicated queues?)

I'm not sure that my particular use case, flowing data from a transactional
system to a reporting system, needs to be as robust as the above requires,
but the folks I work with would be a lot happier if it were an option we
could opt out of, rather than one we can't have.

Anyway, it seems that I've seen mail regarding these sorts of subjects, but
I was wondering if there were something written up somewhere I could ponder.

Thanks!

Keith