[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-client issue, discarding content?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jul 30 22:41:26 BST 2009

Suhail,

Suhail Doshi wrote:
> I attached some images that might provide better insight into the
> problem. You can basically see when everything went down and horribly
> wrong: memory usage, swap in/out, and load average.

Is it definitely the rabbitmq server that is busy and eating all the
memory, rather than some other process on your system (e.g. the erlang
client, python consumers, desktop apps, etc)?

If it *is* the server, can you observe the memory growing gradually from
the start, or does it suddenly spike?

Matthias