[rabbitmq-discuss] about the clustering of rabbitmq

femto Zheng femtowin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:27:49 BST 2009

Hi all, I'm checking out the clustering documentation of rabbitmq,
I have some question about load-balancing
it says
'Nodes in a cluster perform some basic load balancing by responding to
client connection attempts with AMQP's connection.redirect method as
appropriate',
so kindof, the routing logic is built into client, when client connects
to a server,if the server sends back a redirect, the client can freely
connects to the new server,
and if that server is down, the client would just tcp-socket time out
and can't connect to any server,
then there is not middle-man load balancer like http normally does,
is that correct?
Thanks.