[rabbitmq-discuss] Login woes with the Ruby amqp library

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Jul 22 14:55:48 BST 2009

Mathias Meyer wrote:
> Any pointers would be most welcome. The problem I end up with with
> these endless reconnect is an Erlang VM that eats up CPU like crazy,
> and that's not great.

You're quite right -- that's pretty terrible. We've filed a bug to
change this so that auth failures end up holding the connection open for
a few seconds before closing the socket. This will help avoid accidental
DoSs of this kind. (Libraries of course can still be improved along the
lines I suggested in my previous message, independent of server changes
like this.)

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net