[rabbitmq-discuss] Can I generate SNMP traps on Connection events?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Mon Jul 20 21:33:06 BST 2009

Anand,

Anand Ved wrote:
> Does anyone know if RabbitMQ supports SNMP traps integration and how can
> we do it?

Erlang/OTP has one of the best SNMP stacks out there, certainly in the
open-source world. So equipping RabbitMQ with SNMP support should be
straightforward technically, but it hasn't been done yet. The main
challenge is defining a MIB, which for a relatively complex product like
RabbitMQ takes a fair amount of time. If there are any SNMP/MIB gurus
out there we'd definitely appreciate some help here - a good starting
point would be to try to come up with a MIB that can represent all the
information accessible via rabbitmqctl.

Regards,

Matthias.