[rabbitmq-discuss] strange behavior with non-persistent message settings

Amit Rathore amitrathore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 02:33:59 BST 2009

I'm a RabbitMQ newbie, so this may be that I'm doing something stupid...

  I'm using TEXT_PLAIN field from MessageProperties to send a message
- this is supposed to set the deliveryMode property to 1 which means
non-persistent. However, when the consumer comes up (after a producer
already sent a message), it receives the message. It shouldn't right,
since it was non-persistent?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Regards,
Amit