[rabbitmq-discuss] multiple consumers on one channel?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Jul 17 14:07:44 BST 2009

tsuraan wrote:
> I would have thought there would be some interleaving of
> initial data, like the consumers would get alternating messages or
> something, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The server is probably "too fast": seeing the first subscription, the
queue starts relaying out messages and manages to get through a large
number of them before it sees the second subscription. The queue is an
asynchronous process, independent of the channel process your client is
talking to.

If you wanted to experiment with this stuff some more, you could see
what effect basic.qos has on this behaviour.

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net