[rabbitmq-discuss] Multicast in a transaction

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 15:51:30 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Patrick Kenney<pekenney at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, 'delivery to more than one queue' of the same message...
>
> the amqp spec infers its supported, but not very clearly one way or the
> other...

it is vague in places :-|

0-9-1 is a bit clearer

> basically i want to be able to send the same message to one or more
> subscribers while in a transaction,

yes you can do that using TX but read the small print very carefully.

and - feel free to ask specific questions about your case here

> this is typically called multi-cast as I
> understand it...

it is indeed, but multicast as a term has also become entwined with
udp/multicast as provided by cisco/tibco using specific multicast
network transports.. hence our confusion