[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP authentication with RabbitMQ

eric eric at grokthis.net
Wed Jul 8 20:29:52 BST 2009

One, hopefully final, thought is that in all of these scenarios, we are
not discussing the security of clustered Rabbit configurations and
encryption between brokers.   This is also something that the RabbitMQ
FAQ fails to address in its coverage "Channel Encryption", which it
otherwise addresses very well.

For now, I'd say to put all of the RabbitMQ brokers on a secure network
for intercommunication.  If not, in *addition* to using SSL, you should
encrypt the messages as well.  Presumably, you could also wrap the OTP
communication in stunnel, but that would be a bit more complex to
implement.

Eric Windisch