[rabbitmq-discuss] FreeBSD ports/net/py-txamqp created

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Jul 4 20:30:22 BST 2009

Hi all,

This is just a brief heads-up, to let you all know that I've just added
a FreeBSD port entry, for Esteve Fernandez'  txAMQP module.

For those who don't already know, txAMQP is an asynchronous AMQP
transport library for Python / Twisted.

The FreshPorts page for py-txamqp is here:
   http://www.freshports.org/net/py-txamqp

I ran Esteve's example code here with RabbitMQ 1.6.0 on FreeBSD
7.2-STABLE, i386 and amd64 platforms, and all appears to work:
    http://fluidinfo.com/esteve/stuff/txamqp_consumer.py
    http://fluidinfo.com/esteve/stuff/txamqp_publisher.py

The Thrift stuff is not yet ready for prime time there, I need to fix
the Python Thrift bindings since bumping it up to the Apache Incubator
version.

thanks,
BMS