[rabbitmq-discuss] Sample code for python?

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:51:46 BST 2009

> Thank you!  :)
>
> Couple of more questions:
>
> - What kind of formats do people use for their messages?  XML? JSON? Other?   I need to pass less than 1KB of data made up of Text, Dates, Numbers, etc.
I find JSON easiest to work with, but if you need richer datatypes you
can basically jam anything into AMQP messages,
like pickled python objects, etc.

> - How would I integrate a UI (web app in my case) on top of a system that uses RabbitMQ for back-end processing.  I mean to say: If the UI submits an "add customer" message to the RabbitMQ server to be routed to a worker, how does the worker / RabbitMQ respond back to the UI with a success, fail (or even no-worker available / timeout) message?

I'd say start with Carrot - http://github.com/ask/carrot/tree/master -
I have not yet used it
personally, but just by looking at the documentation and development
activity, I'd say it looks like a really good bet.

-Alex

--
Alex Clemesha
clemesha.org