[rabbitmq-discuss] Mercurial usage: "default", not "tip"

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Jan 30 12:41:25 GMT 2009

Hi all,

In many of our blog posts and email messages, we've mentioned the "tip"
of various Mercurial repositories.

This, it turns out, is a bad idea. We should have been talking about
"default" (or to be more precise, the tip of the "default" branch).

"tip", unfortunately, means simply the most recent commit, on *any*
branch within the repository, and so can produce some pretty random and
broken possibly-experimental code.

I'm about to go through all our literature and blogposts etc (thanks,
Google!) to try to update everything to point to "default" instead of
"tip"...

Tony

--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net