[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq 1.5.1-1 from debian pool fails to start

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jan 29 22:59:41 GMT 2009

Christopher,

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> christopher hoover wrote:
>> Note: I've seen it in two places so far (Debian testing, Ubuntu
>> Jaunty), so
>> I suspect it is not that hard to reproduce.
>>
>> The other clue that I suspect is important is that 1.5.0 works.
>
> These are all good data points. Alas I have been unable to reproduce the
> problem. Hence giving me access to a machine that exhibits the behaviour
> you are seeing is the next logical step.

Have you had any success yet getting RabbitMQ to work? I just remembered
that Dmitriy reported some weird interaction of snoopy with erlang a
while ago. See http://somic.org/2008/04/22/snoopy-fubars-erlang/. So
that's one possible route of investigation. Failing that, access to a
machine / image would be great.

Matthias.