[rabbitmq-discuss] High(er) latency with 1.5.1?

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Mon Jan 26 11:32:38 GMT 2009

Matthias Radestock wrote:
> The scalability improvement in 1.5.x affect latency somewhat, but not by
> a factor of 3. And I cannot think of any other changes off the top of my
> head that would cause this.

hmm..okay. I ran the test on two very different systems (dual-core Windows
laptop and rusty single-core Linux box) and both showed essentially the
same numbers, which made me curious. I still had the results from the
previous runs back when we found the Nagle bug, and those were on the
order of 280,320,500us with a Nagle-disabled 1.4 rabbit.

> Did you run the tests back-to-back with 1.4.x?

No, rabbit 1.4.0 won't run anymore since I upgraded to erlang 12.2.5 on
all machines and can't reinstall right now. Maybe someone with an older
erlang release can give it a try? Would be interesting to see if it is
reproducible.

thanks
Holger