[rabbitmq-discuss] getting started, broker runs; can't get status

Michael Steinfeld mikeisgreat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 22:07:46 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Valentino Volonghi <dialtone at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:
>
> Valentino,
>
> Valentino Volonghi wrote:
>
> when installing from source instead (on ubuntu) nothing actually
>
> works

Well, for the life of me I could not get it to work on RHEL4 x86_64.
Oddly enough the broker would run.

I tried source and binary.

> Is this reproducible? If so please, please send us a *complete* transcript
> of what you were doing, i.e. covering the build, installation, how you
> started rabbitmq, etc, up to the point where you observe something not
> working.
>
> I think I get it now. The reason is how the script is written using
> `dirname $0`
> it basically means that if you move the script to /usr/local/bin/ and run
> from it
> it has the badrpc error for some reason that I cannot understand but if you
> run it from its own directory there's no issue.

I finally gave up on RHEL4. However, I have a RHEL5 box that I
installed it on and everything seems to be fine. I followed the same
procedure I did on teh initial box.
I'll have more to say when I get a moment to do so..

-- Mike