[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ XMPP gateway and 1.5.x: mnesia table renaming needed

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Jan 19 18:32:25 GMT 2009

Steven Parkes wrote:
> Wonder if either/both projects should use a prefix (rmq_, ejb_) on table
> names ... part of me thinks it's overkill, but it I end up using mnesia
> tables in my plugin, I think I'll prefix names ...

Exactly. It *is* overkill, but it *is* necessary. Erlang's (lack of)
namespacing support is just a bit awkward sometimes. Sigh!

Another option for getting the gateway into working shape is to
restructure it to have it run as a separate component, using the XMPP
component protocol to communicate with a separate ejabberd server... I
wonder how much effort that would be? It'd certainly an improvement over
the current plugin-style system.

Anyone care to comment on the possible merits or drawbacks of such a
restructuring?

Regards,
  Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net