[rabbitmq-discuss] Miscellaneous Question

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:40:59 GMT 2009

Jason,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Eshell V5.6.2" Not sure what Erlang 12B-? revision that maps too.

Pretty old school, but I think that is R12B-2.

In any case, can I reproduce the symptom using the tarball you
supplied with R12B-5/OSX 10.5.6.

I just can't seem to create it myself, yet.

Having said this, the only reports of this symptom that I have
received are from Mac users.

But unfortunately these people did not send me the tarball or any
other diagnostics :-(

Since you're using OSX, I'd like to rule out OTP-7471, which was fixed
in R12B-4:

OTP-7471  On Mac OS X, file:sync/1 now guarantees that all filesystem
	      buffers are written to the disk by using the fcntl() with
	      F_FULLFSYNC option. Previously, file:sync/1 called fsync(),
	      which only guaranteed that the data had been transferred to
	      the disk drive. (Thanks to Jan Lehnardt.)

Can you install R12B-5 and a fresh install of Rabbit and try to reproduce this?

I think R12B-5 might be in macports, if not, you can just compile it -
it'll take about 5 mins - here are some directions:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/11/15/how-i-install-rabbitmq-on-osx.html

By fresh install of Rabbit, I mean one with a clean mnesia directory.

HTH,

Ben