[rabbitmq-discuss] Miscellaneous Question

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jan 14 23:20:51 GMT 2009

Jason,

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Thanks for the info and links. I'll read up on Mnesia. Just for future
> reference, if one were to carefully delete only the Mnesia DB Files
> and leave the message log, would it be possible to still use the log
> after the queues/exchanges/bindings were recreated?

That's an interesting thought. You could

1) move the persister log out of the way (rabbit_persister.LOG*)
2) delete the mnesia dir
3) start rabbit (and thus get a fresh mnesia dir and persister log)
4) recreate the durable exchanges/queues/bindings
5) stop rabbit
7) replace the new persister log with the old one
8) restart rabbit

Might work. Haven't tried it though.

Matthias.