[rabbitmq-discuss] Miscellaneous Question

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 23:02:34 GMT 2009

Jason,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> * How does one monitor memory consumption by a queue?

Take a look at the QueueInfoItem called memory:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/admin-guide.html#server_status

> * If messages persist to disk do they relieve memory pressure on the queue?

No. There are heaps of threads on this list about queue paging - one
day we might actually do it :-)

> * How resilient is the Mnesia DB to sudden death of the process using it?

Don't really know but we have had some reports about not being able to
recover mnesia. However, we have not been able to reproduce this
ourselves - maybe if you tar up the mnesia directory and send it to
us, it might help reproduce the issue.

Ben