[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP & Python Write-Up

Dmitriy Samovskiy dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com
Wed Jan 14 19:24:08 GMT 2009

Hi Jason,

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:

> I called py-amqplib non-threadsafe because the docs say not to share
> channels between threads. So I suppose it would be more accurate to
> say, the library is threadsafe if you do not share channel objects
> between threads.
Understood. You may want to check out this post on Ben's blog on the subject:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/10/6/multithreading-amqp-clients.html

In other words, advice not to share channels between threads applies to any AMQP client
implementation, at least this is how I interpret it.

- Dmitriy