[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP & Python Write-Up

Dmitriy Samovskiy dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com
Wed Jan 14 15:55:17 GMT 2009

Jason J. W. Williams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written up a quick start on the basics of AMQP and using it in
> Python, that is the kind of document I wished I'd been able to find in
> one place: http://blogs.digitar.com/jjww/2009/01/rabbits-and-warrens/

"py-amqplib - Non-threadsafe AMQP library"

Not sure this is true. Did you maybe mean it's an impl that unlike qpid client does not
use threads?

I may be wrong - Barry certainly would know.

Also, for Ruby please feel free to add an excellent library from Aman Gupta:
http://github.com/tmm1/amqp

There is a lot of development activity on this one (including many forks on github) -
while last time I checked qpid ruby lib, I didn't see many commits there (this might have
changed since last time I checked).

Loved your post overall - thanks!

- Dmitriy