[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP & Python Write-Up

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:56:13 GMT 2009

Jason,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Jason J. W. Williams
<jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's probably laced with errors, and I'd appreciate any
> feedback/corrections. Please feel free to pass it on if you think it's
> helpful.

This is a very well written article that touches on a number of topics
that people always ask about, so it's a valuable resource.

What I liked about it are details such as:

- The relative cost of different routing algorithms (i.e. topic
routing incurs is expensive because it scans linearly);
- The semantics of auto_delete and durable when creating queues - BTW
a side note: if you do create durable, non-auto-delete queues and your
consumers go away, messages will queue up - which could be good and
could be bad, depending on how you look at things;

Anyway, thanks for a great article,

Ben